Whole Body Cryotherapy is Safe
According to one group of researchers, “WBC, used either as a therapy or stimulation, is a medical treatment and as such it has contraindications and standard safety procedures. The undeniable risks for the users can be rendered negligible if all the procedures are conducted following precise rules under supervision of highly-skilled personnel. If these procedures are carefully followed, WBC is absolutely safe” .
Studies have concluded that whole body cryotherapy is perfectly safe, as long as all procedures are strictly followed . It is also important to understand that researchers have cautioned that certain risk groups avoid the use of whole body cryotherapy.
Main contraindication groups 
- Cold intolerance
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Wet skin, from water or sweat
- Open wounds
- Pregnant women
- Individuals in an intoxicated state
- Raynaud disease
- Acute respiratory system disorders
- Cardio-vascular system diseases (unstable angina pectoris, cardiac failure in III and IV stage according to NYHA)
- Purulent-gangrenous cutaneous lesions
- Sympathetic nervous system neuropathies
- Local blood flow disorders
- Claustrophobia and mental disorders hindering cooperation with patients during the treatment
Note: Information contained within this website and in all materials, communications, or presentations by High Tech Healing is for informative purposes only. Cryotherapy machines are neither designed nor advised for treatment or cure of any illness or disease. No cryotherapy chambers have been tested or approved by the FDA. Please consult with your medical professional before beginning any cryotherapy or recovery method.